1. What is it?
A healthy diet is defined by food that maintains or improves overall health. It provides your body with essential nutritions: fluid, macronutrients such as proteins, micronutrients such as vitamins and adequate fibre. It also means replacing foods that contain trans fats, added salt and sugar with healthier nutrient options.
2. The power/benefits of this daily habit?
Embracing a healthy diet has many overall health benefits including building strong bones, protecting your heart, preventing disease, boosting your mood and results in a healthier looking skin and body shape.
3. Why is it important for your balance?
There is multiple research suggesting to eat healthy food regularly with well balanced meals, that contributes to sustained weight maintenance, better mood, an increased energy level but also a positive inspiration to others and the potential for a heightened life-quality.
Eating balanced and healthy does not only have incredible body health benefits but also contributes to your overall mood and life quality to achieve the goals you are trying to reach every day. Refraining from smoking and too much alcohol, consuming minerals, vitamins, heart-healthy fats will maintain your everyday body functions.
4. How can I integrate it into my daily life?
- Keep more fruits, low-fat dairy products (low-fat milk and low-fat yogurt), vegetables, and whole-grain foods at home and at work. Focus on adding healthy food to your diet, rather than consuming fast food food on-the-go.
- Try to eat a family meal every day at the kitchen or dining table. Sitting down and consciously eat without distractions, helps you focus on eating slowly.
- Pack a healthy lunch and snacks for work. This way you have more control over what you eat.
- Don't skip or delay meals, and be sure to schedule your snacks. If you ignore your feelings of hunger, you may end up eating too much or choosing an unhealthy snack. If you often feel too hungry, it can cause you to focus a lot on food.
- Drink water instead of high-sugar drinks (including high-sugar juice drinks).