1. What is it?
Your body depends on water to survive. Every organ, cell and tissue needs water to exist and work properly. A hydrated body is able to maintain its temperature, remove waste and lubricate your joints. A hydrated body is needed for your overall health.
2. The power/benefits of this daily habit?
The amount of benefits of an hydrated body can be overwhelming, which makes sense considering that our bodies itself contain 70% of water. Here is a list of the most impressive health benefits from your daily water intake:
- Digestive harmony
- More energy
- Kidney stone prevention
- Healthier heart
- Weight loss/ -management
- Decreased joint pain
- Proper organ functioning
3. Why is it important for my balance?
If your body is not well hydrated your organs won't work properly and your cells are not getting the nutrients they need. Hydration even improves brain performance. Even mild dehydration—as little as 2% fluid loss—can affect memory, mood, concentration, and reaction time. A well hydrated body is essential for a balanced lifestyle, that results from an improved sleep quality and also your cognition.
4. How can I integrate it into my daily life?
We collected the best tips to drink more water every day:
- Add flavor to your pitcher
- Drink a glass after every bathroom break
- Sip before every meal rather than during eating
- Use the Mind, Body & Wealth Journal to track your daily water intake
- Keep a gallon jug nearby